Saturday, July 23, 2022

Comments sent to EMTA board about Greyhound closing and restroom access



I just sent this comment to the EMTA board to be read at their monthly meeting. EMTA owns the Intermodal Center that housed the Greyhound station:


Hi I know the Greyhound issue is being addressed but i want to implore you to take some sort of action yesterday regarding bathroom issues
Yesterday as I was taking photos in that area a middle aged man arrived to catch his bus to NYC. His face expressed alarm when he saw that it was closed. I told him he could accompany me to the library and I would show him the restroom area. He was very grateful.
There are apparently some instances that are a little more problematic. I will spare the details.
️Immediately there should be noticeable signs directing persons to the library next door.
Also well-maintained porta john or two is absolutely called for.
These are not controversial measures, and could have and should have been enacted
This is in the interest of EMTA, Greyhound customers, the City of Erie and all other tenants of the building. Please act immediately.
Thank you.
Deb Spilko

No comments:

Post a Comment