Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Greyhound fare changes

The other day I was at a Greyhound station and asked the price for a ticket to a nearby town.
"What day is this?" he asked.
I told him I didn't have a day in mind I just wanted to know the fare for now.
He said things have changed, and now it all depends on the day(s) you will be travelling.
I asked if this was the arrangement where you reserve your ticket ahead of time. He said no, this just started a couple weeks ago.
He told me a short trip like I was asking about (50 miles) wouldn't have a big difference from day to day, but if I wanted to go to some place like Phoenix it could make a difference of $40.
I said that must be annoying when the customer doesn't understand what is going on. He just shook his head and sounded a little frustrated.
I asked if it was on the website.He said, "Should be."
It's not. At least not in any form I can recognize.
Maybe when you read this it will be, but right now, it is not.
But at least now you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment