Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Why I'm a mass transit advocate



I became interested in alternative transportation about 25 years ago.
That was when it became clear that climate change was very real. Scientists regarded fossil fuels as the culprit, and automobiles were seen as the major source of fossil fuel consumption.
I found out that one of the most important things a regular person can do to slow climate change is to avoid using cars. And, in fact, there were many other ways that less car use would be good for the planet.
So I actively supported all types of alternatives to the individual auto: bicycling, walking, carpooling, renewable fuels, and mass transit.
I am not particularly “passionate” about buses or mass transit. I do feel a commitment to future generations to have a planet worth passing along. And to that end, I want the people responsible for running mass transit systems to make every effort to make those systems attractive, accessible and convenient so people will want to use them, and feel good about using them. 








Graphic attribution: cliparts.co

No comments:

Post a Comment